Window-gate came and went but Elon Musk seems unfazed about the incident based on video below which he tweeted out shortly after the incident.
The look and presence of the Tesla Cybertruck is extremely lunar and out of this world. It looks more suited for Mars that Earth. Call it a descendant of the Mars Rover, I have a sneaky feeling that this is all an elaborate plan to start building, testing and getting us accustomed Mars-like vehicles and products on earth. After all, it’s no secret that Elon Musk has firmly set his sights on Mars.
Mars is interesting and enduring fascination of Musk. Musk plans to send as many as 100 people in his all-new shiny ‘Starship’ which seats that many to Mars by the year 2024. This plan is ambitious to say the least and in many ways necessary if we are to survive as a species. According to Musk it’s imperative we do everything in our power to preserve “consciousness,” which he fears could be unique to humans. I disagree – Aliens do exist and they have consciousness. I DO NOT have proof but “I Believe”.
To recap, the Cybertruck comes standard a steel alloy body that was proven to be scratch and dent resistant as Franz took a sledge hammer to it several times on stage at the Cybertruck event. Musk even claims the Cybertruck body to be bulletproof and impervious to 9mm bullets. It’s the same metal used to on the SpaceX Starship. In addition from that, the windows are supposed to be extremely strong and bulletproof, too. We all know how that turned out and we’ve got the T-Shirt to prove it.
But in all fairness, things don’t always go as planned when supposed to especially when the eyes of the world are on you. I will comment the Tesla ‘Strike Team’ that quickly sprung into action and brought replacement windows, having the Cybertruck ready for test drives in under 30 minutes. I caught a glimpse of them as the pulled the replacement windows out of a Model 3 and sprung into action behind the scenes.
The press coverage after the Cybertruck snafu all seemed to mention window-gate in some form with some even opining on Musks apparent disappointment as the situation. However I did get to speak with him afterwards and he was not at all concerned about the demo fail. Musk picks his battles and know he can’t win them all. But his win column is unmatched by any one else…not even Jeff Bezos has achieved what Musk has and in so many critical industries.
Beyond the polarizing design and the shattering on-stage incident, the Cybertruck is a promising electric pickup truck on paper. It has a maximum range of 500 miles, plus its top-spec variant should be able to sprint from zilch to 60 miles per hour in just 2.9 seconds. It also has a 3,500-pound payload capacity and the capability to tow up to 14,000 pounds.
Here’s What People Are Saying.
- bluegneissmineralsHe wound up and threw it a lot harder on stage.3wReply
- djhyman1Honest question, why do we want unbreakable glass ?3wReply
- View replies (1)
- andy__oddThen why’d it break3wReply
- bpstreetrodsSide glass should shatter in the event of a accident. This is not safe.2wReply
- pandemaiz“Where’s the side mirrors?”🤷🏻♂️3wReply
- happyzqueenvRegardless, we already ordered , so there’s that 😂 👍😊❤️3wReply
- mhh_seYou guys have already failed the designer is embarrassed there is no point of doing it all over again job is done ✅ car was released to the public and broke the windows that’s it well done 👍🏻 but there is no point of trying again3wReply
- big_bear_weldingWhat a piece of crap. I was hoping the truck design was a troll thing. I was wrong. And it’s 🗑3wReply
- philthefixerThat balls probably rubber 😂😂3wReply
- alienforceoneThe windows came down a little during the sledge hammer demonstration and is why it cracked. When they were doing the practice, what you see above, before the event it didn’t crack since it was rolled all the way up. What I heard anyways why it broke unexpectedly.3wReply
- _aiden.blain_The only reason the glass broke was because Tesla doesn’t advertise except only on Elon’s twitter so saying the glass will not break then it breaking when they unveiled it most Likely for exposure of the cyber truck which save them from on advertisements because the video will be all over the internet2wReply
While waiting to hear more information about the Cybertruck, consider visiting www.cyberbackpack.com to purchase your very own Tesla-inspired backpack!